EXPLORER.EXE CORRUPTED OR INFECTED (SOLVED)
The another common issue of corruption and infection of Explorer.exe Windows OS by Viruses/Malwares. Follow these guidelines to fix the issue:
Option No. 1
- CTRL-Alt-Del to bring up Task Manager.
- Click File | New Task(run).
- Type regedit in the Run box and click OK.
- Browse to the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution.options
- Under this key there will be subkeys named explorer.exe and iexplorer.exe. Delete the explorer and iexplorer keys entirely. They should not be listed under the Image File Execution.Options key.
- If Explorer.exe is not automatically loading when windows start then change the following registry key:
- In Winlogon, on the right side, there should be a value called “Shell”.
Double click this value. Make sure only ‘Explorer.exe’ is the value of Shell, if anything else is there , simply delete it and leave ‘Explorer.exe’ .
- Close the Registry Editor.
- Restart the computer.
Note: You must create registry backup in order to meet any abnormal behavior or accidental deletion of registry entry other than I have describe above. If your Regedit, Folder Options and Task Manager is disabled by Autorun Virus then Download this “Remove Restriction Tool“. Which is very smart tool to re-enable all your disabled options by the viruses.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation>>> type the password>>> or click Allow
Type the following command>>> and then press ENTER:
A message will appear stating that ‘The system scan will begin’. Be patient because the scan may take some time.
Iif any files require a replace SFC will replace them. You may be asked to insert your Win7 DVD for this process to continue.
If everything is okay you should, after the scan, see the following message “Windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations”
After the scan has completed, close the command prompt window, restart the computer and check.
The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.
If the above steps fail I would suggest you to deal with Malware.
Read Article regarding removal of Malware : http://netwanlan.wordpress.com/2012/03/27/how-to-get-rid-of-malware/
- Important Message from Hazrat Maulana Shah Hakeem Muhammad Mazhar Saheb (d.b): شعبه نشر و اشاعت شيخ العرب و ال... bit.ly/14ps8y2 22 hours ago
- Mikrotik Webproxy with PCC: I received few requests from friends on how to configure mikrotik web proxy with P... bit.ly/19wcwJA 5 days ago
Top Posts & Pages
- 91,712 hits